Thursday, March 8, 2007

Cape Town

My arrival into South Africa could not have been more breathtaking...I and the entire ship were greeted by the most spectacular sunrise over Table Mountain in Cape Town. These pictures simply do not do the vistas justice. So much has occurred since that memorable morning and I hope to relay in my post how much I am in love...with this country. Its people, the culture, and the energy consume each and every individual that steps foot in Mother Africa...and now I am finding it very difficult to leave this place. Every person that I have met has welcomed me with open arms. I seriously have never met such a quantity of quality people in one place...and I come from Minnesota where there is so many good people. Truly there is something about Cape Town and those who live here. Each person extends the warmest of welcomes and makes you feel like family. I only hope that every person is able to see and experience South Africa. As I said, I am struggling with the fact that I have to leave Cape Town in only a few short hours. But I have faith that I will be back...and soon. A lovely lady gave me some good advice...do not be sad that you have to go. Enjoy where you are going and where you are...but always know that you can come back...and that is exactly what I plan on doing!

No comments: