Sunday, May 20, 2007

Two days have passed since I have stepped off the Explorer and I have experienced almost every emotion possible. I am elated to see my family. I am terribly sad that I had to say good bye to my new friends, the only people who will be able to know how I feel. They are some of the most beautiful and amazing individuals and together we made a community aboard the ship which will never be matched. There is hope that we will meet again. Many of us have already talked about meeting up and others will be encountered by chance.

I am now at the San Diego airport waiting to fly to Minnesota. I am excited to see my family; there is no doubt about that. I am trying so hard to understand why though I feel like I am unable to move. I can’t tell if I want to smile or cry. Driving to the airport we passed the harbor. When I looked at the ship, I knew that it is no longer my physical home. Tears stung my eyes. Yet, I am grateful for all she gave me. She was my home, my refuge, and a part of me will always be aboard the Explorer. I can’t wait to sail with her again.

I don’t want to let go of the ship and the fact that my voyage has come to an end. However, I am looking forward to what lies before me. The future is unknown but I have faith that there will be more adventures, lessons, and challenges. Above all, I believe that this experience will never end. The past 100 days will last 100 years. I will cherish them and hold them ever so close to my heart. My thoughts will be consumed with everything that I have seen and done. I will learn from this for years to come. So with that I know that this is not the end. This is another beginning…

No comments: