Monday, February 12, 2007

Another day at sea...

Hello there...not too much to report today. I missed breakfast again this morning because we slept through it. But we did make it to Global Studies. It was an interesting session. We learned about the different types of peace and how influential each can be to progress and/or destruction. Definitely makes one think about all that is going on in the world. Another interesting fact is that there is enough food in the world for every single being but there are still millions of people starving. The main theme too was that the amount of debt that we (United States) are in is actually money that was taken or borrowed from the money that is supposed to aid the third world countries...interesting how the rich keeps stealing from the poor... Other than that, life on the Explorer is going smoothly. We had our first pub night, aka the only time alcohol is served on board. It was an interesting experience because it is only served on the 7th deck but in an area just by the bar and it is roped off so no one can get to the railing...so they are thinking like you too, Mom. It was fun to chat with people and Kate and I even got to take a picture with the Captain…he was enjoying a cocktail as well…I wonder who was driving??? The social aspect of the ship is pretty good. Lots of people but there are 2/3 girls…but I am used to it with USD. There are a couple nice guys that are fun to talk to. There are so many fun girls though and I think we are all planning on visiting the wine lands together in South Africa. It should be fun. I don’t know what else to report other than I am doing well at working out and am trying to keep on task with homework. It was a hard adjustment since I had a two month vacation! We are actually sailing by the north of Brazil and it is a little rockier with the Atlantic…but hey I am loving it! I love you all and please know that I think of you and am so THANKFUL everyday for this opportunity!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
It has been great hearing from you and we love reading about your adventures. It is nice also to see the pictures, it looks your having a great time. We miss you and we love you lots.

Love Gramma Tootsie and Grandpa Butch

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU

NOGAN
DYANA

Anonymous said...

Hey darling ;)

Hope you have a great time, I guess so, when I see all those pictures! Just want to let you know, I miss you much and hope to hear from you sometime and enjoy SOUTH AFRICA, it was or better it is amazing!!! If you are able, go for a beautyful sunset on table mountain!!! I will send you some pictures on your email... And remeber, we have to find a date, where we cand dae ;)
Love you and miss you much, Mel :)